ShearBan’s patented ultra-low friction film with durable self-adhesive backing provides long-lasting protection from the friction and shear that cause skin abrasion, calluses, corns, blisters, bunions, and foot ulceration. ShearBan is ideal for patching troublesome areas of orthopedic braces, prosthetic sockets, footwear, insoles, athletic equipment, and more. Available in 8″ x 12″ sheets, Rivet Cover & Cosmetic Patches (for concealing hardware), and four convenient pre-cut patch configurations.
Target Rubbing at the Source!
ShearBan works by reducing friction only in specific, at-risk areas of footwear, insoles, medical devices and sports equipment to protect sensitive tissue from wound-causing friction Friction is retained in surrounding areas to optimize mobility and stability for users. Unlike on-skin bandages designed for temporary coverage, ShearBan provides months of lasting protection with a single application.
- Enhances patients’ comfort by reducing painful rubbing
- Provides a greater margin of safety for individuals who are highly susceptible to skin breakdown; especially individuals with neuropathic foot conditions, amputations, or foot deformities
- Maximizes orthopedic support and correction beyond what’s possible with pressure offloading alone due to the reduction in tissue deformation where ShearBan is used
- Reduces the friction/shear that cause skin breakdown
- Lasts many months before replacement may be necessary
Available in Four Convenient Formats:
- 8×12″ sheets, ideal for custom trimming and installation
- Pre-cut patches for easy installation by consumers wanting to “spot relieve” areas of irritation or skin breakdown
- 3/4″ and 1″ Rivet Cover Patches for concealing strap hardware on orthopedic braces to prevent skin contact and metal corrosion, and to provide an attractive finished look
- Cosmetic Patches to create a smooth, cosmetically-appealing finish over externally mounted joints within upper and lower extremity braces