Our GlideWear™ Technology is a patented, dual-ply low friction fabric technology, designed to transfer friction and shear forces away from at-risk tissue, providing targeted relief and long-lasting protection from skin breakdown.
Above-Knee Amputee Prosthetic Brim Sheath with GlideWear™ Technology
Say goodbye to socket discomfort and skin breakdown for good! Our Above-Knee Prosthetic Brim Sheath uses a patented GlideWear™ technology to protect skin and reduce the friction that causes hotspots and sores. The brim sheath absorbs friction to protect amputees’ skin where it comes into contact with their prosthetic liner. It’s designed for use with any pin suspension or seal-in liner. By preventing friction, the silk-like fabric protects against hotspots, blisters, sores and other skin irritation when used daily.
- Get lasting protection from painful rubbing where your brim comes into contact your skin at the top of your brim socket. Designed for above-the-knee amputees.
- Silk-like, breathable fabric prevents moisture and heat buildup against the skin. Patented technology reduces friction and protects skin.
- Use the brim sheath to bridge the gap between the top edge of any roll-on liner and the groin. Use with any pin suspension or seal-in liner.
- Easy to use and machine washable. Just toss it in the wash with your other laundry.
- Providers have suggested HCPCS Code L8410
- Available exclusively through industry suppliers and licensed Orthotic-Prosthetic healthcare providers. To see a list,
How to Use Your Prosthetic Brim Sheath
- SMALL: GW-KRS-S / Small (S/P) / Socket circumference: 14-18” (35-45 cm)
- MEDIUM: GW-KRS-M / Medium (M) / Socket circumference: 18-22” (46-55 cm)
- LARGE: GW-KRS-L / Large (L/G) / Socket circumference: 22-30” (56- 76 cm)
- EXTRA-LARGE: GW-KRS-XL / Extra Large (XL/XG) / Socket circumference: 30-40” (77-101 cm)
Prosthetic Liner Patch with GlideWear™ Technology for Lower-Limb Amputees
The Prosthetic Liner Patch uses a patented GlideWear™ Technology to protect skin and reduce the friction that causes hotspots and sores. Prosthetic Liner Patches absorb shear to protect amputees’ skin where it comes into contact with their prosthetic liner.
- Get immediate relief from rubbing at painful points your limb comes into contact with your prosthetic liner.
- Designed exclusively for lower limb amputees who are experiencing friction/shear-induced pain, redness, soreness, or rubbing on their residual limb.
- Silk-like, breathable fabric prevents moisture and heat buildup against the skin. Stays in place all day long. Patented technology reduces friction and protects skin.
- Easy to use, durable, and machine washable. Just toss it in the wash with your other laundry. As seen in Amplitude magazine.
- Works with most gel or silicone prosthetic liners. Sold 2 patches per package.
- Also great for targeted skin protection for kids with epidermolysis bullosa.
Available to professionals through O&P industry suppliers. To see a list,
Available to consumers through Ithaca Sports.
To use your Prosthetic Liner Patch
- Place the patch against the area of concern. If the skin is broken, be sure to clean and cover appropriately with a wound dressing to support proper wound healing.
- Pull your liner over the patch and your limb, taking care to ensure the patch does not fold over itself as the liner is pulled into position.
- Use your prosthesis as usual.
Epidermolysis Bullosa with GlideWear™ Technology
Epidermolysis bullosa (EB) is a rare condition in which the skin is so fragile that even the slightest bit of friction causes blistering, and even skin loss. According to Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa Research Association of America (debra of America), there are 20,000 people in the US living with EB.
The GlideWear™ Technology is a patented, ultra-low-friction fabric that’s widely used in medical and sports applications where skin is at risk for injury caused by friction, shear, rubbing, and breakdown. It’s a two-layer fabric that protects skin by gliding smoothly against itself and absorbing the harmful friction and shear that can damage skin.
GlideWear™ Technology is made in the USA by Tamarack Habilitation Technologies, winner of a 2015 Minnesota Manufacturing Award.