Tamarack Flexure Joint® Product
The Tamarack Flexure Joint is recognized and used worldwide in the orthotic & prosthetic industry due to its high strength tension load-bearing element, which provides smooth articulation and unmatched durability. Tamarack Flexure Joints are lightweight, cost effective, and easy to install in custom and semi-custom thermoplastic and laminated orthopedic bracing applications.
Tamarack Flexure Joint® | Ankle Joints for Custom Ankle-Foot Orthotics
- Proven performance since 1995
- Guaranteed for the lifetime of the orthosis in which they were originally installed.
- Provide smooth articulation and unmatched durability
- Lightweight and cost-effective
- Easy to install in custom and semi-custom thermoplastic and laminated orthopedic bracing applications
- Available in 3 sizes (pediatric, medium, and large)
- New 5-pair packs include complimentary reusable molding dummies
Choose from the following models, based on patient diagnosis and functional ability:
Free Motion Ankle Joint (Model 740)
Available in pediatric, medium, and large sizes. Choose from natural or black joint color. Lower durometer veterinary model also available for use in animal orthoses and prostheses. click here for more information: Animal O&P
Dorsiflexion Assist Ankle Joint (Model 742)
Available in pediatric, medium, and large sizes in 75, 85, and 95 durometer hardness. Choose from natural or black joint color.
Variable Assist Ankle Joint (Model 743)
Available in pediatric and large sizes. Each kit includes one pair of joints with variable assist assembly, installation hardware, and a pair of molding dummies.
Tamarack Flexure Joint® Caps (External Mounting Cavities for Tamarack Flexure Joints)
A uniquely designed external mounting option for Tamarack Flexure Joints, Tamarack Flexure Joint Caps are designed for retrofit conversion from a solid to articulating custom AFO. Additionally, since the joints are encapsulated between the Tamarack Flexure Joint Caps and AFO shell, unwanted torsion is significantly reduced, maximizing joint performance and clinical outcomes.
- Engineered to produce an intimate fit with free motion and dorsiflexion assist Tamarack Flexure Joints
- Eliminates the need to fabricate a new brace when articulation is desired after originally fabricating a solid brace
- Works well with thermoplastic, co-poly, carbon fiber and metal & leather systems
- Each kit contains four (4) Tamarack Flexure Joint Caps, installation hardware, drilling guide, and ShearBan® cosmetic cavity covers – Joints sold separately
- Available for large, medium, and pediatric Tamarack Flexure Joint sizes – Choose from natural or black color options (Model 741-CAP)
- Available in two models: standard and dorsiflexion assist
Tamarack Plantarflexion Limiter Kit for Tamarack Flexure Joints®
New from Tamarack, the Plantarflexion Motion Limiter Kit features a unique, dual side-mount design which eliminates shoe fit concerns associated with posterior-mounted motion limiters. Continuous adjustability is provided through a pair of stainless steel set screws formed medially and laterally, adjacent to the joint cavities.
The Tamarack Plantarflexion Limiter Kit has been tested to exceed 2 million steps; ensuring the same long-lasting durability you’ve come to expect from Tamarack Flexure Joints. Download the PDF
- Unique, side-mount design eliminates shoe interference issues associated with posterior stops
- Provides 20 degrees of continuous adjustability to optimize AFO function
- Designes for use in conjunction with Tamarack Flexure Joints
- Works well with thermoplastic, co-poly, and carbon fiber manufacturing methods
- Available for large (Model 741-ML-PFL) and medium (Model 741-ML-PFM) Tamarack Flexure Joint sizes
Tamarack Clevisphere Ankle Joint | Ankle-Foot Orthotics
Derived from a unique spherical bearing and clevis linkage combination, the Clevisphere Joint delivers a smooth, free motion ankle joint with a continuously variable posterior stop.
The Clevisphere Joint is made from participation-hardened stainless steel to achieve the durability that healthcare providers and patients expect from Tamarack ankle joints. The self-lubricating bearing needs no maintenance and the fabrication process is a breeze, thanks to the auto-aligning feature of the Clevisphere Joint, which doesn’t require a forming jig to fabricate.
- Smooth, free motion ankle joint with a continuously variable posterior stop
- Durable and made from participation-hardened stainless steel
- No-maintenance, self-lubricating bearing
- Auto-aligning feature makes fabrication a breeze, and you don’t need a forming jig
- Model 747-L Clevisphere Ankle Joints are available in adult size only – Each kit includes a set of molding dummies
Tamarack Flexure Joint® Tools & Accessories
Browse our line of hand tools and accessories for installing and removing Tamarack Flexure Joints from thermoplastic and laminated AFO’s, KAFO’s, and other types of orthopedic braces. Tamarack’s easy-to-use hand punch, frustration-saving spanner wrench, and convenient hex driver are must-have’s for busy orthotic labs.
Tamarack Hand Punch (Model T-740-2)
The Tamarack Hand Punch quickly and easily produces precisely located holes for installing Tamarack Flexure Joint hardware. The configuration guides the punch to the correct location for a perfectly positioned hole. The Hand Punch may also be used for general hole punching needs. It is available in large, medium and pediatric sizes to match the three Tamarack Flexure Joint sizes.
- Order Model T-740-2L for Large Tamarack Flexure Joints
- Order Model T-740-2M for Medium Tamarack Flexure Joints
- Order Model T-740-2P for Pediatric Tamarack Flexure Joints
Tamarack Spanner Wrench (Model T-740-3)
The spanner driver has a retractable pin, which helps hold and align the flange nut for easier installation of the dorsiflexion-assist joints. The flange nut has a 4-notch spanner drive for easier removal of the joints. Available in large/medium and pediatric (2) sizes.
- Order Model T-740-3LM for Large & Medium Tamarack Flexure Joints
- Order Model T-740-3P for Pediatric Tamarack Flexure Joints
Tamarack Hex Driver (Model T-740-4)
Tamarack’s Hex Tools are used for installing the attachment screws on Tamarack Flexure Joints. They are available in both L-shaped and driver forms. Available in large/medium and pediatric (2) sizes.
- Order Model T-740-4LM for Large & Medium Tamarack Flexure Joints
- Order Model T-740-4P for Pediatric Tamarack Flexure Joints
How to Purchase
Tamarack Flexure Joint® products are available exclusively from licensed orthotic-prosthetic healthcare providers. They are not available for purchase by individual customers. Please contact a orthotic-prosthetic service provider for assistance.
Healthcare providers, please contact your preferred O&P supplier for purchase information or click below to be redirected to the distributor page.
Tamarack has compiled this list of L-Code options for consideration when billing for Tamarack products. Other codes may be appropriate. The patient care facility that selects the product and fits the patient is responsible for accurate coding. You should be aware that the codes and official interpretations of the codes by Medicare and other payers may change at any time.