Here at Tamarack, we have had many, many inquiries about pet orthotics (i.e, orthopedic bracing for pets) during the past year. This blog entry summarizes helpful information. This white paper, “Cranial Cruciate Ligament Injury in Dogs” provides background on the most common custom brace (or orthosis) which is made to support the dog’s stifle joint (knee joint). The stifle brace is typically created because of damage to the cranial cruciate ligament (dog’s equivalent of the anterior cruciate ligament).
We have frequently had requests for information on companies that fabricate custom braces. We list them in reverse alphabetical order just to be fair. (We put an earlier list up in alphabetical order.)
- Sky Prosthetics Inc., Ben Blecha, 503 Chief St., Benkelman NE 69021 (866) 832-1269
- PawsAbility, Janice Olynich, Toronto, Ontario Phone: (647)888-6809
- OrthoPets, Amy & Martin Kaufmann, 702 West 48th Ave Unit H, Denver, CO 80216 Phone: (303) 953-2545
- K-9 Orthotics & Prosthetics Inc., Jeff Collins, CEO & President, Phone: (902) 865-5596
- HandicappedPets.Com, Mark Robinson, 10 Northern Blvd, Suite 7, Amherst, NH 03031 Phone 888-811-7387
- Animal Orthocare, LLC, Derrick Campana, 3080 Abingdon St, South #C2, Arlington, VA 22206
There are certainly other providers of custom braces or orthoses for dogs and other pets than those listed in this post. We would be glad to list them whether they use Tamarack joints or not.
Here are some of our earlier posts on pet orthotics that you may find helpful:
If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact us: email@example.com Telephone: (866) 795-0057 toll-free;
(763) 795-0057 local.