After recently introducing GlideWear Skin Protection Underwear for Men and GlideWear Skin Protection Shorts for Women, designed specifically for wheelchair users and individuals who are at-risk for skin breakdown from extended bed-stay, we went on the hunt for companies who specialize in the design, manufacture, and sale of adaptive clothing. We hope that, one day, our innovative skin protection garments will become a household name for individuals seeking protection and relief from skin breakdown. Click the link above for more information about GlideWear products.
In the meantime, we bring you our list of 10 adaptive clothing companies who focus on providing comfortable, protective, and functional clothing alternatives to what’s available in traditional retail stores.
- Buck & Buck® – www.buckandbuck.com
- Silverts – www.silverts.com
- Adaptive Clothing Showroom – www.adaptiveclothingshowroom.com
- WheelieChix Chic – www.wheeliechix-chic.com
- ABL Denim – www.abldenim.com
- Ag Apparel – www.agapparel.com
- Cur8Able – www.cur8able.com
- Able2Wear – www.able2wear.co.uk
- Les Boutiques Chic Chez Vous – chicchezvous.com
- Target Adaptive Clothing – https://www.target.com/c/adaptive-clothing/-/N-ksyrz
Another website that every active wheelchair users should bookmark and explore is PUSHLiving.com, an accessible travel, lifestyle, and shopping website. PUSHLiving features a wealth of relevant articles, travel and product recommendations, disability-inclusive photography, and more.
If you found this blog post to be useful, please share it with others in your social network, leave a comment, and check out our GlideWear skin protection product line at www.glidewear.com. Thank you for your support!