In partnership with Becker Orthopedic and clinicians, Charles Kuffel, MSM, CPO, FAAOP and Kevin Hines, CPO of Arise Orthotics and Prosthetics (Minneapolis, MN USA), Tamarack Habilitation Technologies, Inc. is pleased to announce the availability of the GlideWear Prosthetic Liner Patch scientific & clinical case presentation.
The presentation, New Intervention for the Management of Skin Breakdown for Amputees, is available for viewing online and qualifies licensed Prosthetists and Orthotists for 1.5 continuing education credits from the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics.
This presentation will provide healthcare professionals with…
- A basic understanding of the concept of friction management and its role in wound care and prevention
- A review of the pro’s and con’s of traditional products used to treat and prevent skin breakdown for amputees
- An introduction to a new skin breakdown solution, called the GlideWear Prosthetic Liner Patch
- Highlights from a series of individual case studies using the GlideWear Prosthetic Liner Patch to support the healing and prevention of skin breakdown
Steps to Obtain Continuing Education Credit:
1) Watch the online presentation (click the image at left)
2) Complete the 10-question exam (80% score to pass)
3) Submit exam to Becker Orthopedic for grading and credit allocation.
If you have any questions or comments about this presentation, please leave a reply on this page or email us.
The GlideWear Prosthetic Liner Patch is manufactured by Tamarack Habilitation Technologies, Inc. and distributed to O&P suppliers worldwide by Becker Orthopedic.